Post-punk industrial rockers …And We All Die release ‘Modern Day Privateers (Remixes)’
Remix-based EP features Bauhaus’ Daniel Ash, Assemblage 23 and Dead Milkmen’s Rodney Anonymous
For Fans Of: Nitzer Ebb, Daniel Ash, Assemblage 23, Ministry, Nine Inch Nails
Focus Tracks: remixes by Daniel Ash, Assemblage 23, Rodney Anonymous, Mindless Faith and Gost Remix II.
Post-punk industrial rockers …And We All Die announce the release of ‘Modern Day Privateers (Remixes)’, featuring 10 remixes of the band’s single ‘Modern Day Privateers’, a track that was originally released in 2016 on the band’s debut album ‘And We All Die’. Exclusively on Bandcamp, the band is also including three bonus remixes or ‘outtakes’.
This new release features contributions from Daniel Ash (Bauhaus, Love and Rockets, Tones on Tail, Poptone), Assemblage 23, Rodney Anonymous (Dead Milkmen), Ben Weinman (Dillinger Escape Plan, Giraffe Tongue Orchestra), Ego Likeness, Mindless Faith, The Gothsicles, The Rain Within, Gost, and Knifight.
Josh Bonati (Cult of Youth, Forus, Zola Jesus) mastered this full length, while Shawn Knight (Childbite, Superjoint Ritual) designed the artwork. The original tracks were recorded, engineered and produced by Jason Rufuss Sewell of One-Eyed Doll at Nebulost Ranch in Austin, Texas.
…And We All Die is a collective of musicians organized by Raymond Burton Estes. Based in San Antonio, Texas and formed in 2000 as a conduit for collaborating with a diverse group of friends and artists, the original idea was to fuse heavy music in the vein of the UK82 punk rock, hardcore, and industrial bands such as The Exploited, Integrity and Ministry with darker melodic post-punk music by the likes of The Cure, Joy Division and Sisters of Mercy. …And We All Die was also influenced by New Model Army and 108.
Estes and company continue to develop their sound by combining elements of punk, post-punk, hardcore, goth and industrial music into their sound. Incorporating rock and electronica into their sonic fabric, the band effectively creates post-punk songs with the intensity of hardcore and industrial music.
“This song is about any bogeyman or villain that we and society make up. Today, particularly, in Western societies significant portions of the populations have mistrust in public institutions and private corporations, so Modern Day Privateers may appeal to that sentiment. But really, this is not a protest song, it’s a song about bad guys doing bad things and the sense they’re untouchable and not going to stop,” says Raymond Burton Estes.
“We chose to celebrate this song with remixes by some of our favorite artists as it appeals to audiences across genres and means different things to each listener. Selfishly, we wanted a diverse set of remixers to interpret the song in their styles, as it inspires us to examine our sound and explore new approaches to song writing. As fans of electronic music and synthwave, in particular, this remix by Gost exemplifies the shared intensity and similarities between our post-punk and Gost’s synthwave sounds.”
‘Modern Day Privateers (Remixes)’ is available now digitally on the usual online stores and streaming platforms. The special extended version ‘Modern Day Privateers (Remixes) + Outtakes’ is available exclusively via Bandcamp.
- Mastered by Josh Bonati at Bonati Mastering NYC, New York
- Raymond Burton Estes, Executive Producer
- Music, lyrics, vocals and bass by Raymond Burton Estes
- Guitar and drums by Jason Rufuss Sewell
- Recorded, engineered and produced by Jason Rufuss Sewell at Nebulost Ranch in Austin, Texas
- Guillermo Murillo and Eric Hueber – Consultants
- Shawn Knight, Cover Artist
- Darin Johnson, Consultant and Photographer
Fleurette Farley Estes, Photographer
- Modern Day Privateers (Daniel Ash Remix II)
- Modern Day Privateers (Assemblage 23 Remix)
- Modern Day Privateers (Rodney Anonymous Remix)
- Modern Day Privateers (Ben Weinman Remix)
- Modern Day Privateers (Ego Likeness Remix)
- Modern Day Privateers (Mindless Faith Remix)
- Modern Day Privateers (The Gothsicles Remix)
- Modern Day Privateers (The Rain Within Remix)
- Modern Day Privateers (Gost Remix II)
- Modern Day Privateers (Knifight Remix)
- Modern Day Privateers (Gost Remix III)
- Modern Day Privateers (Ben Weinman Remix II)
- Modern Day Privateers (The Gothsicles Remix II)
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Bandcamp | Instagram | Soundcloud